Microsoft Excel 2010 - Service Pack 1
Microsoft has released Office 2010 Service Pack 1 and it includes a few fixes and updates for Microsoft Excel. In fact SP1 includes 52 bug fixes and updates for Excel. Here's what we do know so far...
Better Access to Access
Microsoft Office SP1 fixes an issue that can occur when you export an Access file to an Excel workbook.
- If you open a workbook that has surface charts in protected view Excel can crash when you go to edit or save it. That problem's fixed too.
- If you have a stack chart with a legend that was created in Excel 2003 you may find that the order of the entries in the legend is reversed when you open that chart in Excel 2010 and then move the legend to a custom location. That's fixed now.
- If you try to open Excel files that have the same name from different locations Excel can become unresponsive and you have to force close the application. That problem is fixed in SP1.
- If you had a problem where Excel would creash when you select the value field header cell of a PivotTable where all of the data was filtered out...you won't anymore.
For More Information
For more information about Office 2010 SP1 try one of these articles:
- Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 - OfficeForLawyers
- KB Article 2460049 - Microsoft's Official Summary of the changes