Questions and Answers for Microsoft Excel
- 1. How can I create a form with self numbering?
- J.E. McGimpsey has a good approach to this problem at: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html
2. I installed the trial version and [Feature] is greyed out!
- Did you activate the product? (check the Help menu)
3. How can I create a drop down menu in my worksheet to navigate to different sheets in my workbook?
- There's a nice write-up on how to do it here: http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html from Dave Peterson.
Functions and Formulas
4. How can I get an average of a group of cells but IGNORE any with a value of zero?
A: Use a formula like this: =SUMIF(your cells,>0)/COUNTIF(your cells, >0). Naturally you replace "your cells" with the cell range you're working with. That will total the values of all greater-than-zero cells and divide that total by the number of cells with greater-than-zero values. If you might also have some negative numbers in there you want to include then use "<>" instead of ">".