How do I get Microsoft Word to stop double-spacing?
Word's line spacing is controlled by the paragraph formatting settings. The best way to get Word to stop double-spacing normal text is to modify the Normal style in Word. To do that...
1. Find the Normal style on the styles gallery on the ribbon and right-click on it.
2. Click Modify.
3. In the Modify Style dialog box that appears you'll find the line spacing controlls near the middle.
4. Click the line spacing setting on the left to change to single spacing.
5. Click the OK button
Notice that after you do that in the font description near the bottom of the dialog box it should say "Line spacing: single, Space" as it does in the figure above.
- Changing the default line spacing - from Microsoft
- Adjust your document's line spacing - from PCWorld
- Line & Paragraph Spacing Tutorial (video) - from TeachUComp